When You’ve Got a House of Cards
Yes, gift cards have their own day. And it’s about time: they’ve been around since Neiman Marcus and Blockbuster introduced them in 1994. Tracy Tilson, president and founder of Tilson PR, established the third Saturday of the year as National Use Your Gift Card Day in 2020 after finding too many expired gift cards in her wallet.
The newest shopping holiday, the next one’s scheduled for January 15, 2022, the third Saturday of the new year. It might just be the most consumer-friendly of them all in that it reminds consumers not to let their cards become gift card fails. Over $3 billion in gift cards don’t get used – every year. Some of them will even have fees attached.
(Go gather all those cards. Take your time, we’re good.)
If you want to use up a tank of gas and run around to a dozen different stores, we won’t stop you.
But if you want to make one stop and score big, you’ve come to the right place. At CardCash you can turn your unused gift cards into cash. And with the over 1300 brands of discounted gift cards we sell, you can turn that cash into cards you’ll use.
At CardCash, we will help you get the maximum use out of all your gift cards. Even empty and expired cards can be upcycled and repurposed. Here are some fun and useful ideas:
- Scrapbook embellishments. Gift cards have colorful motifs that make great embellishments, frames, or tags.
- Stencils. Gift cards come in all sorts of fun shapes. Rectangles are useful too!
- Texture tools and scrapers. Use them in crafts like pottery or for scrubbing grime. Or for scraping crumbs off the table
- Multipurpose holder: Use them to corral earbuds, yarn, or cords.
- Plant markers/custom name cards. Yes, spring is coming. And yes, you might be ready to entertain again. Paint your rectangular gift cards a matte black color and then use a white Sharpie to write the names of your plantings for cheap and attractive plant markers, or the names of your nearest and dearest for personalized seating cards.
- Guitar picks
- Phone or tablet stand. They’re easy to make and make your life easier.
- Jewelry. Really. (No eye-rolling.) Make yourself something pretty.
- Decorations. If you have more than a few, consider making a picture frame or wall art.
Celebrate your CardCash scores and/or protect the environment with a plate of – what else – Neiman Marcus Cookies.
Established in 2009, we’ve been giving our customers more bang for their bucks since 2009, offering
- over 1300 brands
- highest discounts