Love is in the air-and so is spending. According to the National Retail Foundation Americans are expected to spend $18.6 billion on Valentine’s Day gifts this year, citing a survey by BIGinsight. That equals $130.97 per person but the study show men will be spending more than women, by an average of $175.61 each compared to $88.78, according to the survey.
Not surprisingly the survey found that 39.6% of those queried planned on shopping for their significant other at a discount store, one of the many ways to save this Valentine’s Day.
Here are CardCash.com’s top 4 ways to have fun this Valentine’s Day without breaking the bank:
- Deals, deals and more deals. With Valentine’s Day as one of the biggest gift-giving holidays of the year retailers from across the spectrum offer enticing deals to lovebirds. Some of our favorites:
-$20 gets you $40 to spend at Teleflora for the perfect floral arrangement
– Groupon has a special on the Lovephoria Massage Collection by Kendra, $13 for a $31 value
-Buy one get one free at Bath and Body Works
2. Dine in. Make that meal for two special with all the trimming at just a fraction of the price of eating out.
If eating out is your thing there are a number of national chains running specials. Chili’s has a great $20 Dinner for Two deal available now. Outback Steakhouse is offering a Valentine’s Day Meal for Two deal from February 14 – 17. The meal includes a bloomin’ onion to share, a choice of freshly made side & side salad two Outback special sirloins and a classic cheesecake dessert to share. Call ahead-they aren’t advertising a price.
You can always save at your favorite restaurant with discounted gift cards at hundreds of fine restaurants nationwide from CardCash.
3. Discounted gifts. And the best choice of discounted gifts is always at CardCash.com. For her they have Sephora, Victoria’s Secret, SpaFinder and more all at over 10% off. For him, Callaway Golf (25% off), Advanced Auto Parts (16% off), Dick’s Sporting Goods (12% off) and much more.
Whatever your significant other really enjoys you can get it with reduced priced gift cards at CardCash’s gift card exchange.
4. Hopefully this last deal isn’t for everyone but for Michigan couples who are looking to get divorced the Law Offices of Walter H. Bentley III, PLLC is giving away one free divorce for Valentine’s Day. The winner will be chosen based on the most compelling and convincing story as to why they should be the winner.
What a way to rain on the party!
– – –
Whatever your plans are make sure to enjoy yourself this Valentine’s Day. Psst…guys in case you don’t know its this Thursday, February 14th. Hurry, time is running out.